Plantation Officer – R&D- plantation development
Siat is an agro-industrial group of companies specialized in the establishment and management of industrial as well as smallholders' plantations and allied processing and downstream industries.
The focus of our activities lies on the growing of oil palm, natural rubber, ranching of beef cattle and the production of ornamental plants and clonal planting material of tropical crops.
Our company has subsidiaries on four continents and employs in excess 15000 people world-wide.
For our Subsidiary in Ivory Coast, we are looking for a Plantation Officer – R&D- plantation development-
In this role you will be in charge of:
- Management of the rubber nursery (vitroplants and grafted)
- In charge of two vitroplantlet acclimatization platforms
- Sourcing and conditioning of plant material for DRP laboratory
- Organizing and monitoring agronomic trials
- Interaction with the Production Department for planting programs
- Preparation of monthly acclimatization and experiment report
- Training of agric. staff in all aspects of agronomy (fertilization, soil management, sustainable production, phytosanitairy).
- Bioengineer (tropical agriculture, horticulture, hydroponics)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in plantation or agriculture research center.
- Fluency French and English
- Dynamic personality
- Strong managerial skills able to relate to individuals from different cultures and backgrounds
- Computer Literate
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Previous exposure to West Africa is an asset
- Skills in trial design and statistical analysis
- experienced in in vitro multiplication, biotechnology and biotech lab management are assets
- Having technical skills in electric engines and pumps is an asset.
What We Offer:
A very particular international multicultural and multiracial work environment with high values, principles and standards.
Our company aims to mine your talent and expertise and finds opportunities for your personal development.
We offer an attractive remuneration and fringe benefits in line with your profile and performance.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV & motivation letter on: Jobs@siat-group.com